Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Three days

Even writing that title had me nearly peeing my pants. Sorry...it happens. Common causes include extreme excitement (taylor swift concert) uncontrollable laughter, and the small human viciously attacking my bladder. That, or a sneeze. Don't judge. This time I was overcome with slight fear and anxiety. What if round two doesn't run as smoothly as round one? That thought is terrifying.

Enough about that...

Gregory took emmerson and I out on a date tonight...not because he is sentimental and trying to make these last few days with just the little gal count, but because he had coupons for two free burgers at islands...and we all know what a sucker he is for a good deal, let alone free food. Regardless of his motivation, I thoroughly enjoyed our night out together. I consider dinner at a restaurant with our high energy child a success when we don't have to pull out the iPad for any reason. Sad, perhaps...but that device saves lives. Or maybe just sanity. It is my saving grace and I truly believe that I can get through any 2 year old mishaps if that precious gem is tucked away in my purse. Though we didn't resort to good ol modern technology this evening, I still stand firm in my belief that every human in tarnation should own an iPad.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I use my iphone the same way with my 3 year old. Good luck on labor and delivery!