Thursday, April 19, 2012

All you need is love

I knew my brains would return to me once pregnancy was in the past. And I feel that they have for the most part. I just have lack of sleep working against me now and that might be worse? I'm pretty much zombie status, and that's not cute. The little lad likes to eat every 2hours and he pretty much sticks to that all day and night. Emmy ate a lot in the day and slept like a dream at night when she was a wee babe, so this is relatively new to me. Im trying to handle this sleep deprivation gracefully but when 7:00pm hits, the boy wants to eat again and the girl is still refusing to eat her dinner and whining for cookies and fruit snacks yes, ive created a monster. I'm well aware all I want to do it take a hot bubble bath, and sleep for 12hours straight. Well obviously sleep is out of the question...but to really top it all off...after labor, my doctor typically bans you from taking baths among other things for 6 weeks. -insert unimpressed face- doc and i had a little chat about that and i was granted special permission to only wait 2 weeks, which I shall celebrate in just 2 days. Yes, saturday will be a good day. Bubble baths soothe my soul. Sweet husband however, wishes desperately that I was granted special permission to proceed with activities on the "among other things" list...it might be a long 4 weeks for him.

Overall, and despite loss of precious sleep, this 2 kid gig isn't so bad. The Beatles sure were spot on with "all you need is love". how true. It gets you through anything.



1 comment:

sammy said...

oh, how i love you and your humorous ways. hope your bubble bath gives you some much needed relaxation and i hope your sweet husband will make it through the next month.

:) when you're stressed from sleeplessness, just look at those two adorable kiddo's and remember, hey! you guys made the cutest kids EVER.