Monday, January 10, 2011

special order... received.

Nearly two years ago, i found out that i was pregnant. shortly afterwards, i found out that i was having a baby girl. the year was 2009, the month was may, and the day was sunny. i was flipping through a magazine when i came across a face so sweet. i ripped the page out of the magazine and showed greg and his family my find. I told them that if you put greg and i together i was fairly certain the result would be pretty close to the sweet face of the precious girl in the picture. they thought i had lost my marbles for trying to predict such a thing, but i told them that i was going to put in a special order for a look-a-like because i thought she was oh so cute. a little shallow? perhaps. well, the sweet face of the stranger child was forgotten completely when i laid eyes on my own darling baby's face. i was so in love, and she was practically perfect in every way. it didn't even cross my mind until last week when i came across that picture on the page that i once tore out of a magazine and let me tell you, the striking resemblance is undeniable.


almost creepy.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

So crazy! That picture, as well as Emmy, reminds me of a mix of Abby an Alex as babies/toddlers. So cute!

Lindsay Teter said...

oh my word. that's so wild! could you please predict my first childs face?

Megan and Kyle said...

That is crazy!! But Emmy is just too cute!

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh wow!!!