Thursday, January 6, 2011

brother for sale, twenty five cents.

being an only child, i find it fascinating to now find myself in a mix of siblings. i love that in most cases they grow up to be best friends and although i am well aware of the perks of being an only child, i really do want little emmerson to have a brother or sister (or two) someday. I love how greg can be completely disgusting and annoying to his sisters, but they still love him. steph and shell can be all kinds of sassy, but their brothers will always stick up for them (we haven't eaten at Oggie's to this day...but that's another story) it's a wonderful and unique kind of love that i will be thrilled to have in my home one day!

speaking of siblings, i laugh at how grossed out and worked up greg gets over some things regarding his sisters. yesterday shell was about to feed baby landon...in the nursing sense...so we told my sweet husband to keep his eyes on his game. instead of handling himself like a mature human, he got extremely dramatic and disgusted complete with gagging motions and a response of "oh trust me, i WILL. the LAST thing i want is to see the areola of my SISTER!! UUUGH!!" oh my goodness gracious the choice of words that boy comes up with blows my mind...and the fear of him someday using that word in the wrong sense lingers in my brain. another example of his unique choice of words came yesterday when he was describing a hippie. in his words (stated in a very matter of fact manner): "a tree hugging, honey from the bee, organic." the honey from the bee part is what really got me. i nearly busted a gut. i don't know where he comes up with these things?


2 comments:

patti said...

i want to see if I can comment now

patti said...

yeah it worked- I love how you express yourself Nikki- you're too entertaining!!