Tuesday, September 2, 2008

roses are red violets are blue sugar is sweet and so are you.


Here I thought I was making a healthy choice all this time. I always feel good knowing that Subway is a wonderfully healthy alternative to say... burger king for example. I know what I like, and Subway just so happens to have created a mouth-watering sandwich that is just so satisfying in every way possible.  The sweet onion chicken teriyaki on honey oat bread is a little piece of heaven in my simple world, and I refuse to let my newly gained knowledge effect my happiness. My deepest most sincere apologies if i ruin it for you with the information I'm about to share. 

The sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub sandwich was named most unhealthy sandwich NOT only at Subway, but in America. I guess it's just packed with sugar. Is that not THE most preposterous news of your life? I was floored. So much for healthy choices. 



 
On another unhealthy note...I also read about the Heath bar shake from Baskin Robbins (holy delicious!)  This Tasty little dessert is jam packed with over a days worth of calories (2,310 to be exact) and 3 days worth of fats and sugars. I stopped reading about health after this one. I just cant bear to feel guilty over these petty little things. bon appetite friends!





4 comments:

Ashley said...

I totally know how you feel...at one point I was looking at all the calories and fats in fast food treats, it is sick!
I've given up on that now!

Everything in moderation! Then I dont feel bad about it!

Kristi Drennan said...

that is definitely sad news dear friend...sad news indeed.

Ashley said...

if it makes you feel good or makes you happy, then why not?! it's kind of like the issue i have with splenda and diet drinks...i'd rather eat/drink sugar, a natural product of the earth, than a bunch of chemicals.

Julia said...

mother trucker! that sucks.
i just try to ignore all of this badness, and eat as i want. tragically, my body isn't recovering as quick from having a baby because of this. dang!