Sunday, September 21, 2008

date nights.

Yesterday morning and most of the afternoon Greg had to work. I always get slightly bummed when he has to work on saturdays but I had little sister shell to play with so it wasn't so bad! We spent some money, and that makes any girl feel better. especially when this money is being spent at american apparel. so anyway, Gregory made it back home and greeted me with a big hug and kiss and asked if I would go on a date with him. I LOVE date nights, and I highly recommend setting aside time for you and your lover to do so. We went to Black Angus and each had a massive slab of beef, and chocolate cake to top it all off. We try to go on official dates at least once every couple of weeks. Again, I highly recommend this. So we were beat from his day of working, and my day of shopping and pretty much crashed right after we got home from dinner. He had this brilliant idea that he sleep on my side of the bed, and me on his. (we have set sides. me always on the right, him on the left. thats just how it is) so we decided to trade for the night. WELL...apparently the "wrong" side of the bed makes me mental. I remember dreaming a lot of gnarly dreams...and I woke up to Gregory (2:30am) saying "I'm lucky I'm in love with my bestfriend too!" I was SO confused because that song was just playing in my dream! (Lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat) how could he possibly have heard that?? and then it hit me, my cheeks got red "WAS I JUST SINGING???" Greg started laughing and said that I was humming that song. I never talk or ANYTHING in my sleep! I was so embarrassed!! haha then, a couple hours later, I wake up to Greg talking to me again...He was saying something like "Nikki, what are you talking about? you're just dreaming!" AH jeez...are you KIDDING me?? He says I was going on about how he never ever called to make sure I was still alive. I'd had it. I got back into MY side of the bed and that is where I'll stay.
date night.

we played "stoplight photoshoot" on the drive home.

gregory was really into the song on the radio. probably Rihanna.

more of our photoshoot.












5 comments:

Arica said...

OH GOSH! we take our sides of the bed VERY literal here. when you say you sleep on the right.. does that mean when you're standing at the foot of the bed looking at it all done up, you're on the right? or when you're laying in it, you're on the right..? when you're looking at our bed, i sleep on the right, and that will forever be mine. we swapped once, and it didn't go over well for me either. :)

Jess said...

You guys are toooooooooooo CUTE!! LOVE YOU GUYS!! and i feel like all girls sleep on the right and boys on the left. weird hah? hahaha

Julia said...

oh yea, we are serious about our sides of the bed too. until we moved, i was always on the left, and now, in our new place, i am on the right. ilike to be closer to the window and further from the door. it was weird getting used to it, but josh had more trouble than me. either way tho, josh would complain that his side was slanted and made him roll to the middle. i think he'sjust a bed hog :)

Ashleigh Tanner said...

BAHAHAHAHA that's so funny to me!! Oh Nikki, how I love thee and Gregory!

Ps. I sleep on the right also...funny. Maybe it IS a girl thing?

Kristi Drennan said...

You guys are too cute!