Monday, September 15, 2008

christmas in...september?

Anyone who knows me, knows that christmas is the highlight of my year. I start listening to Christmas music far before any other human known to man, and I start obsessing over the festivities at an abnormally early month in the year. This year I find it particularly difficult to focus on halloween and thanksgiving. I just keep skipping right the the details of my christmas. Where shall i put our little christmas tree in this new place? what scent of candles and home fragrances shall i buy? are we aloud to put lights outside? I just cant seem to get it out of my head, and I'm okay with that. It's my husband I'm concerned about. His love for Christmas isn't near the extent of mine, and i fear for his mental stability with me around these next few months. Greg and I went to Dave and Jackie's place a couple sunday's ago to play games, and they had Christmas music playing in the background. I was ecstatic to know that we have friends who understand my needs and share in my obsession. Greg wasn't nearly as excited. Hopefully someday he will learn to love it like I do. 

5 comments:

Lila said...

Hello, I'm a friend of Kristi's and saw your blog on her list. I felt obligated to leave a comment on this post because I too love Christmas. I was just thinking the other day how I should make a new Christmas cd for the car so that I can start to listen to it now. However, my husband is not as excited for Christmas as I am, nor will he ever get as excited as I do. I'm very happy to hear that there are others who like to start thinking of Christmas at the same time I do!!

Ashley said...

Oh Nikki! You are cute!
I am not as in love with Christmas as you are but I definitely skipp over Thanksgiving and Halloween every year cause I am focused on Christmas. Just last night I was telling Chad that I needed to start making my Christmas gift and card list so I could start buying gifts. I love buying people stuff. And 2 weeks ago we were talking about where we could put the tree in our new apartment.
Ahhh...Christmas!

Hayley said...

Howdy howdy! I love the cute things you have done to your blog! Your place looks way cute. We have the same ikea pillows. Great minds think alike :)

Arica said...

yess! christmas music! ..in regards to the next book(s) you should read. you could try her other book 'the host' ..although i haven't had enough patience to get past the 2nd chapter. but other than that, my next book i've started is from the 'uglies' series by scott westerfeld. :)

Amber Irene said...

NIKKI-
Yes.. Christmas is amazing, and i love it.. I listen to christmas music all the time, and my roomies always thought i was weird.

LOVE YOU