Tuesday, March 13, 2012

e is for emmerson.

with only weeks to go until i birth another nielsen child, i find myself struggling to keep my sanity with the 2.5 year old. we call her a sour patch kid because she is sweet as can be, but she has a serious sassy side to her that comes out every now and then. come to think of it...she's always been this way. maybe i'm just getting too tired and worn out as i near the end of this pregnancy to properly deal with it. instead of addressing her with love and patience, my brains explode and i feel like i want to burst into tears. yep, i suppose we will blame this on the mood swings that come with this magical journey that has me growing larger on the daily.

basically, i'm not a fan of being pregnant like some people claim to be. i want my sane mind back...not to mention my body.

If we mention the sweet boy who will soon grace us with his presence, Emmerson conveniently changes the subject in most cases. that's right, doesn't like to talk about it.

okay fine, so we will focus on her during this time while she still has the spotlight to herself. maybe if i can muster up a few nice things to say about the sweet gal, my heart will still be smiling about her pleasant side when she lashes out at me like a monster child.

my emmy claire is definitely unique and i love that about her. she's not a follower, never has been. she has a girly side where you can find her in a fluffy dress having a tea party or playing my little ponies, and she has her tom boy side where you can find her getting dirty outside playing basketball. i find that her true colors shine when she has her guitar in one hand, and her microphone in the other singing taylor swift songs at the top of her lungs. a performer for sure. I love that she will choose mustard yellow polish for her nails, or an orange balloon over the typical little girl pink/purple shades a lot of the time. she hates vegetables of all colors and loves christmas with all of her heart. those two things obviously came directly from me. she talks in silly voices, could spend hours watching videos on youtube, and would live in the ocean if we would let her, all of which she clearly gets from Gregory. her biggest fears in life are fluffy lint that comes from cleaning the dryer vent thingy, and random pieces of hair floating in her bath water. she keeps me on my toes, uses up every ounce of my energy, and has me laughing on a regular basis. i love her more than any other little in tarnation and even though she tests my sanity, i wouldn't change things for the world.










1 comment:

Edie said...

This is an absolute treasure!! When I read this all I feel is love and joy. Blessings to you and your precious family!!