Wednesday, May 25, 2011

tick tock on the clock

I've been wearing my new watch for exactly a month now, and it was recently brought to my attention that the time is not correct. so there you have it, secret's out. i suck at telling time. thank heavens for digital clocks because i would be lost in life or at least really late without them. i guess i shouldn't lead you to believe that i am a complete time telling failure. i did indeed attend the second grade and i can figure out what time it is eventually, i just feel strongly that if minutes are going to pass me by as i struggle to determine the time of day, it makes more sense in my brain to locate the nearest digital clock or just ask someone else. if ever my watch is set to the correct time, you better believe that i most definitely hold my wrist up for the nearest human's eyeballs to see and ask them to figure it out. that, in most cases calls for an explanation on my part and when there are clear-as-day numbers involved i can surely see why one would find my weakness slightly absurd/amusing but good golly, some clocks and watches are designed with lines and even dots and sometimes only four of them without a single number in sight!! are you kidding me? i don't even stand a chance with foolishness like that. in my life, my watch is purely for looks and in most cases my cell phone provides me with the time of day and i make do just fine.

3 comments:

Arica said...

i check my watch from time to time, but for the most part i'm like you. so i feel ya. just ask ashley. haha.

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh man! When I was in junior high I had to get a "time teacher" watch so that I could learn. And I still have trouble. I'd like visuals with these posts. kthanxbye.

Sara Walker said...

I have the same problem!