Saturday, May 28, 2011

choking hazard

we ate lunch at a mexican restaurant today. i ordered rolled tacos and i'm normally pretty fond of them. as i took my first nibble i found this place to be no exception. delish. that was until i was viciously attacked by a tooth pick. i'm not even kidding, i nearly lost a hangy ball. i was in complete shock as i retrieved the wooden spike from the back of my throat. i showed my table mates and they too, shared feelings of concern. greg's mom was not happy. she spoke up immediately. "um excuse me! she just had a tooth pick lodged in her rolled taco! is that normal?" the lady working at the counter responds "uhh no, just uhhhh..." and then she makes a kind of "pull it out" motion with her hand. yep. just pull it out says the kind worker lady. just pull it out?!?! has she lost her mind? there was no "i'm so sorry, we will give you free food. no "i'm sorry i'll go get my manager" no "i'm sorry, here's a check for $100,000" what the heck kind of business are these people running? and then my husband went up to get a drink refill and she tried to charge us for it!!! greg's mom was not going to have that. don't you worry, we definitely walked away with a free refill out of the deal, but what a joke. ummm, don't eat at Chitos in escondido. you might die. and you wont even get a free drink refill.

1 comment:

Calee said...

I wish you hadn't written this in such a funny way because I WANT to be appalled but I can't stop laughing!

Related: One time Kristina & Mom went to Farmer Boys and ordered chili to go. When they got home, there was a HUGE chunk of glass in it. Like, laughably gigantic and WTF-huge. Like a jar of pickles had broken in half and the bottom half was in their chili. When my Mom called to tell them, they told her there wasn't glass in it and she was mistaken. She was like, "Uh...I'm standing here LOOKING at the glass.." Hahaha not kidding. So - boo on Chitos & Farmer Boys in esco!!

I'm glad you didn't die of toothpick lascerations or dehydration.