Friday, October 2, 2009

the last weeks of "table for two".

i was thinking back to my dear friend Julia over a year ago, blogging daily about anxiously awaiting the arrival of her sweet baby girl. i was so excited for her and wondered what it would be like to feel that way. well....here i am. i have 3 weeks left until my due date....everything is done and ready. i sit. and wait. baby story on TLC has become the highlight of my days, and sweet husband coming home remains the highlight of my nights. wonders of the little one consume every single thought in my head. i don't feel terribly uncomfortable, and although getting a good night sleep is getting a bit harder, i still don't feel like i can complain all that much. i've been lucky. as anxious as i am to meet her, i feel content. i do apologize for the baby excitement completely taking over my blog the last 9 months. i was going to try to be better at that, and spice it up with other stories and happenings, but i found that i just didn't blog very often when i didn't allow myself to write about the baby on board. well, i have a feeling that it wont slow down any. once she's here the ol blog will be flooded with pictures and stories of how darling and advanced she is and you're all just going to have to deal.

4 comments:

Dyanna Moore said...

I can't wait!

Sharon said...

No apologies required!We are soooo excited for you and Greg (& selfishly,for us too!!):-)Most of your work is done now (for the makin' a baby part)so rest & enjoy these last days until you get to meet your precious daughter! We are seriously disadvantaged on being able to squish her gently so you will have to tell her about us!xoxo

Ashleigh Tanner said...

I'm anxious for my sweet little niece, too, might I add?!

Sharon - I hope to see you and Mike VERY soon!

Julia said...

eeeeeeeeeekkkkkk. i am so excited for you. i still remember those last days so well. i was just so anxious to meet my sweet baby lyla.
now here we are 14 months later, and i get butterflies when i think about going to pick her up at the sitters. i love being with her, and i know baby emmy will make you feel the same way.
P.S it's ok that your baby bites have taken over your blog. it's your life, and i love hearing about it :)