Thursday, April 21, 2011

losing sleep....and marbles.

gregory and emmy were playing in the little one's room. i heard lots of squeals and laughter. that was coming from greg of course, but emmy was pretty wound up too. they were having a grand ol time. then i hear sweet husband say "no no emmy! that's mommy's garter!" *insert sounds of car tires on asphalt coming to a hault. i pause, in confusion. mommy's garter?? what on earth is he talking about? not only did he flick my garter to some random single fellow on our wedding night, but i'm almost 100% certain that i don't leave extra garters hanging around our little girls' room, but then again, i wouldn't put it passed me. i peek my head around the corner and into the hallway just in time to have a small lace object flicked at my face.

it was a baby headband. close.

i diagnosed myself with having an ulcer today, which would explain the icy hot sensation i've been feeling in my midsection for the duration of the day. i've been losing sleep the past few nights stressing about unnecessary details of life, and my stress induced teeth grinding problem is taking a real toll on my jaw. i feel like i need to do something different, but i can't quite pinpoint exactly what. aside from changing my diet. i hear cadbury creme eggs aren't all that compatible with ulcers. but i did of course diagnose myself, which isn't all that accurate, so until i receive a second opinion, the creme egg diet remains, solely to help keep my spirits up.

i'm pretty sure that i'm losing my marbles and i really don't love that feeling. i like all of my marbles. and i really can't afford to lose any.

2 comments:

Arica said...

i feel the same way sometimes as of late. i'm a very anxious individual and all of this 'not knowing' about our future can really through my head into a nasty spin. chin up, nikki! you'll be able to count all of your marbles soon.

Sharon said...

Last night we were watching one of those Picker/Storage Wars/Roadshow type shows that we love cuz we keep thinking someday a piece of our junk will make us rich... & they had -- Marbles! -- & some of them were worth money, which made me think about my old little pink leather bag of treasures, which made me turn to Mike & say "I lost my marbles!" ... Too easy. ;-)