Sunday, June 21, 2009

father's day

today is the day we celebrate fathers! i have 3 fathers to appreciate today. i consider myself one lucky lady.

first of all, my very own father.

my dad and i have been through a lot together, both good and bad. this has only made our father-daughter bond stronger throughout the many years we've had together (nearly 25, if you can believe that).  he has been there for me no matter what and supported all of the decisions that i have made. he spent countless hours as my personal taxi driver, cheering me on at all of the sports and activities I pursued, gracefully dealing with my teenage moments, entertaining me when i got bored, and providing me with everything i needed....and most everything that i wanted too :) he has taught me so much and loved me unconditionally. He was completely devoted to raising me and making sure i was happy, and for that i will always be grateful. I look back on my childhood with nothing but fond memories. My dad is, and always will be one of my best friends. I have the best dad in the world, don't even try to argue with me. i love you daddy!

2nd, my newly gained father (father-in-law is the correct term, i suppose)

Chuck Nielsen and I were pals before Greg and I even met. He welcomed me with open arms when Steph and i became friends, and completely supported Greg and I getting hitched. He treats me as if I really am one of his daughters. He has always been a wonderful example to Greg throughout his life, and as a result, Greg has a lot of the same qualities (this includes lingering to talk to everyone in tarnation at any party or event, and riding on shopping carts in the grocery store) Chuck has the answer to any question i could ever come up with, and makes me feel like he would always have my back no matter what.  thanks for raising an amazing son for me to marry, and loving me as a daughter.

last, but certainly not least we have the daddy-to-be.


I have no doubt in my mind that Gregory John will be a wonderful father to our children. Being a nanny, I made sure to have lots of little ones around Greg during our dating days, and he passed my little tests with flying colors. All kids adore my husband, especially girls. They are drawn to his sweet smile and his silly happy personality, which is why it makes complete sense for him to start out with a precious baby girl. His parents raised him to be a strong and obedient individual, full of love and compassion towards others. I am so blessed to have such wonderful men in my life, and i am beyond excited to see my sweet husband as a father.


happy father's day! 

2 comments:

Logan and Michelle said...

this makes my heart smile and my eyes water a little bit :)

Kristina said...

I just read your comment and laughed. I've read your blog a ton of times and never felt irritated - so I'm guess you somehow caught the Jan-blessing. Way to go.

Are you for real right now about Kypten! Or however you spell his name! Has gerg found special love notes from Jillian in his car because I am POSITIVE he wins! He has to!