Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy new year

It's our final night in our sweet little coastal 2 bedroom apartment. We have been here for 3 1/2 years and it's been good to us. I'm mostly excited to move forward with our lives as our little family grows to 4 in just a few short months but as Emmy pointed excitedly to the hot air balloon floating above us outside this evening as we walked to our car and was proud to announce "Emmy's house!" when we pulled into the parking lot upon returning home it dawned on me that this is the only place she knows as home, and the only place we've ever called home together as a family. I got sad for a second...and then I thought of my pretty new kitchen and got excited again. Moving day tomorrow!!! Hooray! I will share pictures once everything is put together. What a great way to end our wonderful year, and start a new one. Cheers to 2011 and a happy hello to 2012! Happy new year.

No comments: