Monday, December 19, 2011

christmas countdown

christmas/moving/baby chaos is making my brains crazy. trying my hardest to take one thing at a time is keeping me somewhat sane. i'm doing something festive everyday this week with Emmerson to focus on the first of the craziness to come...my beloved holiday, christmas. today we nearly finished up our christmas shopping and attempted to see santa, who was taking an EXTREMELY long break. he never did show up, but we had fun riding the train and jumping our buns off in the jumpy, so santa will have to be sat on another day. tomorrow we shall enjoy the jungle bells festivities of the zoo. wednesday we shall bake and watch christmas movies, thursday we are getting our christmas nails done, and friday we have a holiday party to attend taking us to the holly jolly weekend! due to the little one's enthusiasm with tearing open presents, i have been slacking in the wrapping department. all of which will have to wait until christmas eve day. i'm a lover of wrapping presents, so this won't be overly overwhelming for me. speaking of presents, my sweet parents have generously gifted us with an ipad2. we promised we would not open it until christmas morning and so it sits in our closet, completely unopened. this is a solid display of obedience, that i've never in my life been able to follow through with. i'm quite proud of myself to say the least and i'm overly excited to have a fun toy to play with on christmas morning! and finally, i leave you with a picture of Emmerson at Disneyland. she was going to town on her special lollipop and i felt the need to give her sticky colorful face a little scrub down. she licked the wipe that i was using on accident, and greg captured her mid-gag.

here's to a week full of all things christmas!

1 comment:

Ashleigh Tanner said...

I have tears...STREAMING down my face from laughter. Holy banana cakes batman!! That is a GREAT picture of Em!