Sunday, December 12, 2010

three.

your idea of the perfect first date.

okay, so i'm going to change this around a little bit and tell you how mine and gregory's first date went down...

he shows up at my door wearing questionable attire. granted he was on his mission in australia for two years prior, but that will never excuse the poofy brown skater shoes that took over his feet, oversized jeans, and a side part in his hair. what have i gotten myself into? He took me to Islands for dinner, and that was nice, but please keep in mind they play surf videos on televisions at every angle in this place, and we all know a good wave will consume gregory john's attention no matter who he's with. We did have pretty good conversation and i managed to keep his attention a good portion of the time, so all was not lost quite yet. After dinner gregory suggested we go do something else, but he didn't have anything planned. i like plans. We hopped in the car, and he drove into a shopping center parking lot to "decide what we were going to do". well, we started playing 21 questions, which then turned into 50 bazillion questions and hours spent talking and getting to know each other which was lovely! I guess he got pretty comfy with me because that's when he pulled a stunt i will never forget. He got completely serious and told me about a dream he had recently. "i was with this pretty girl, and this one song was playing....what was the name???...OH! Moondance by Van Morrison...that was playing...and she kissed me. it was a great dream!" okay..........anyway. He then continued. "wait a sec...i just might..." and he goes ahead and Pulls out a van morrison CD and plays the song in his car. you've GOT to be kidding me. He puts his hands behind his head, leans back in his seat, and waits. i look at him like he is completely mental and then he goes and flashes that deliciously attractive smile of his, so i fold my arms, and look straight ahead contemplating in my head whether to kiss this kid or not. i like him. but i'm not going to kiss him. but i kind of want to. but not on a first date. im not that kind of girl...second verse...gotta decide..okay maybe i am that kind of girl...I lean over, smile sweetly, and lay one on him. we kissed in that parking lot for about an hour, and then he took me home, walked me to the door, kissed me good bye, and that's when i knew he was different from any other boy i'd ever known and i wanted to keep him around forever.


first came love.
then came marriage.
then came emmy in a baby carriage.

2 comments:

Ashleigh Tanner said...

I love everything about this story, and I love it even more every time I hear it. Good job, Gregory John, good job!!

Amber Irene said...

this story makes me want to fall in love with a boy like greg... kinda ;)