Saturday, June 26, 2010

guessing games.

we went to the grocery store to pick up a few items. as we were unloading our goods at the checkout, sweet husband carefully prices each item in his head. he looks at me with confidence and says "it'll be about $31.50." i barely pay attention to his guessing games anymore. he does it every single time, and it gets old. although he is usually pretty close in his estimating...i'm just no longer amused. Our vons checkout man rings up our things..."that'll be $31.46" Gregory looks at me with wide eyes, and then to the vons checkout man. his excitement is humorous to me at this point. vons checkout man is confused. greg clears thing up by announcing "I GUESSED IT WOULD BE $31.50!!!" and then nonchalantly adds "i was on the price is right..."


lets not forget he actually lost on the price is right, (otherwise there would be a jacuzzi on my balcony) so i don't know why that information was crucial in guessing so closely, but now sweet husband thinks pretty highly of himself, and his sweet skills.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

i can just imagine his face right now! haha. so funny!

Anonymous said...

AND, to add to my confidence I took out only 32 dollars from my wallet before he told me the price.
Greg