Friday, February 12, 2010

confessions of a slob.

i've turned into a slob. i always said that i wanted to be a cute mom. with my hair done, make up on, cute clothes. well let me be the first to admit that i am a complete failure. *sigh*

i've never really been one to brush my hair...but now that i have thin stringy post pregnancy hair, that makes for a disaster on my head. fully.

make up is probably a once a week occasion...and the double chin that i grew since having a child doesn't help the whole face situation.

as for clothing...i tried to dress cute one day recently. a cute little dress, tights, boots...i tried real hard. i felt like a poser. is it sad/gross that somedays i try to wear light colored shirts so that the baby puke wont show up as much? sweatpants are my wardrobe heaven.

i feel better just talking about it. this is good therapy. time to make a change. operation cute.
starting tomorrow i'm going to make more of an effort to look more presentable. lets face it, when we feel cute, we are happier. i want that back.

i'll let you know how it goes...thanks for listening.


4 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Umm is it inappropriate to say amen?

Except that you were one of those girls that I was like...

THAT little stinker still looks hot after a baby!

For reals.

xo

Ashleigh Tanner said...

Oh Nik, you're like "Stacy's mom, [you've] got it going on"!!

I speak Truth (yea, that's with a capital T)!

Ashley said...

i feel ya. for me the grossest is that some days i realize it's 5 pm and i'm just getting around to brushing my teeth.

Alana Moore said...

everything you just said could have come right out of my mouth! I'm so happy I'm not the only one out there!