Wednesday, March 25, 2009

10 weeks.


the little being growing inside of me is quite like a gummy bear at this point in time. we'll go with an orange gummy bear since it is due in october. october 24th to be exact. well it still doesn't feel real. it is truly hard to fathom that there is a little human growing in my belly. i took 3 pregnancy tests, bought a full on baby boy AND baby girl wardrobe complete with shoes...many teeny tiny pairs of precious shoes  AND had an ultrasound on monday showing our sweet pumpkins heartbeat...you'd think it would have sunk in by now.

so, the three pregnancy tests were necessary for husband. the two "line" tests taken just weren't bold enough for him...he needed a digital "pregnant" or "not pregnant" test. once that turned out positive, he was sold.


clear blue...totally the way to go.


i went crazy with clothes only because there were millions of "early hurley" clothes for wee babies on sale and i couldn't possibly pass them up. roxy shoes, sperry topsiders, vans, and keds are also part of the collection....all for under 6 months of age mind you. 

seeing a little heartbeat flicker on the screen of the ultrasound is a surreal experience. our baby moves a bunch already. can't keep still...it gets that from daddy.

my jeans are getting a little tight...my belly sticks out a bit more everyday.
prenatal vitamins make me sick.
if anyone mentions anything even slightly desirable to my taste buds, i can't get that food out of my head until it is in my belly. annoying.
i am exhausted all the time.


well....there you have it. pregnancy week 10. later this week...fingernails!  baby is coming along wonderfully!
oh, and notice in the second picture the halo over the head? doctor says it's the yolk sac...pssshhhh. whatever. it's a halo.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

how cute are you!! I totally understand the baby clothes sale...I'm not even pregnant and I cant pass up a good sale!
So on the ultrasound....whats with your maiden name? Did you not change it?
Miss you!

Kristi Drennan said...

dear Nikki friend, you're all kinds of adorable! xo

Ashley said...

yay i finally am seeing your baby's first picture! i love it!

Nikki Nielsen said...

all forms of identification that i have are canadian, and still with my maiden name...until i go back home to change it, it will remain that way. :)

Jess said...

ahhhh baby!!!!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!! FINGERNAILS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hayley said...

So fun! I am beyond excited for you guys. Love u!! I agree with you.. it has to be a halo :)

Hayley said...

No I don't blame you.. It is the cutest name ever! It is totally fine:)

Amber Irene said...

Congrats Miss Nikki! I am SO excited for you! Hopefully the little gummy bear will hold out until October 25th, MY BIRTHDAY! And we can share the best day ever!

<3