Wednesday, November 26, 2008

tis the season

The seasons in my life go like this: spring, summer, fall and christmas. well folks, after tomorrow it is finally legal in this country to let the festivities begin. Although I have been going all out since november first, i am thrilled that the rest of america will now join me. tomorrow is america's day of thanks  and i say "america's" because canada celebrates thanksgiving in october...hence my tendency to celebrate christmas directly after halloween....in oh canada, christmas comes next. tomorrow we will start out with a little turkey bowl action, followed by a movie with the Nielsens (tradition), finishing off with a hearty turkey dinner complete with the jello salad that i am in charge of. ew.  nothing triggers my gag reflexes more than the thought of hospital food filled with chunks of fruit. i guess some people enjoy such creations. not me. We plan to tackle carlsbad outlet mall at midnight, and then some crack of dawn shopping in the wee hours of the morning to get our hands on those anticipated great sales. sales on items we would NEVER even consider purchasing under normal circumstances...what a waste. Our christmas tree is up, and we have started our shopping. i'm feeling  joyful and triumphant! happy thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Amber Irene said...

yay nicki! I have christmas-ized my blog already! I have been listening to music of christmas-ness non stop! i feel ya!