Monday, September 10, 2012

conversing with emmy

i really need to start writing down more of the things that come out of our darling nearly three year old's mouth. Emmerson has me in stitches daily. actually, i wish i could video tape it all. her facial expressions are golden. you will however have to settle for the written version.  some recents include but definitely not limited to...

upon arriving home from Ruby's on the pier.
E: momma! we had milkshakes tonight!
Me: yep, we did!
E: milkshakes are so yummy, huh momma!?
Me: yes! so good!
E: yeah...it's possible i was loving it.

Me: Emmy, can you help clean these up?
E: mum i cannot do that because i have a beaver! (fever)

Me: Em! where are your clothes?!?!
E: i just like to wear my boobies best.

upon being scolded for being naughty
E: (said at very high volume in a concerned, yet passionate manner) Mum!!!! smile mum!!!! be happy!! i need to see your happy face!!!! this is not good!!!!

...how can i keep a straight face with that business?

E: mum, does Shell have toes? (michelle is greg's sister and does indeed have toes. random.)

while helping Nana push the shopping cart she hits her shin in the process
Me: (waiting for tears and screams)
E: well that was stupid....

waiting for the doctor to call us in, a rather interesting character in the waiting room catches Em's eye
E: mum, is that lady gaga?
Me: emmy! no!
E: ohhhhh is it a mexican??
Me: (blank stare straight ahead pretending this child does not belong to me)

I'll be sure to record more of these gems in the months to come.












5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I absolutely love posts about the funny things kids say!! My almost 4 year old calls a fever "beaver" too. It cracks me up.

Govi said...

You had Daniel and I cracking up! Love It!

Ashley said...

that second to last face is uh-mA-zing!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh!! These are precious!!! What a little comedian :-) The boobies one has to be my favourite, although the lady gaga / mexican one is pretty classic too! Please keep these coming...I'm home alone laughing out loud right now! xxoo Love from Oz

The Garlick's said...

Ok, I'm pretty sure she is a genius. I know I've said it before, but I really mean it!!! My almost 3 year old doesn't have half that vocabulary! =)