Tuesday, June 21, 2011

on the mend.

we are nearly over this terrible awful illness that effected each of us differently. for me, something tragic has happened. allow me to explain. there's no classy way to put this, the last thing i eat before i puke = eliminated from my diet for years. growing up i parted ways with cream cheese on bagels and dunkeroos for a fairly long period of time. well, on thursday night i went all out - betty crocker style and nailed the sprinkles strawberry cupcake recipe. it was perfection. i ate a. lot. probably more frosting than one should consume in a year let alone an evening. it was just so very delicious to my taste buds. i indulged. gregory was already infected with the vicious disease that took over our little family therefore making his buds dull to the taste and highly unable to share in my complete bliss. i enjoyed on his behalf. i woke up the next morning feeling the very same symptoms sweet husband felt earlier in the week. i knew a dreadful cold was creeping up on me. i had no appetite. later in the day, i felt the wrath of the flu. my beloved strawberry cupcakes being the last thing that i consumed.
what. a. shame.
i could look at this as a good thing. i'll definitely save money as in greg will save money. it's just that sprinkles and i had a love affair that only a handful of people understood and i feel like we just broke up. so there you have it. sprinkles and i are done. for the time being. sad face.

in the mix of this sickness junk sweet husband and i were about to take a sunday afternoon nap. he always ends up having socks on his feet, and i just happen to always have cold feet so i have to sweetly coax him into giving up his warm socks for these sunday naps. we were both completely beat so he told me i could only have his socks if i took them off his feet myself. i figured we should compromise, so i told him to lift his feet up so i could grab them without causing either one of us any serious strain. little did i know, gregory john is the most ungraceful human in tarnation and what a sight this must have been. as he struggled to lift his leg, and i struggled to grab his socks without losing the warmth of the blankets wrapped around me like a cocoon. i laughed and then got flustered. "greg!" just give me your foot! this shouldn't be so hard!" he struggles some more and responds with slight anger in his tone "well i'm not a freakin cirque du soleil!" we both burst out laughing at how tired and ridiculous we sounded getting so worked up over socks. it's silly moments like this, that i tuck away in my brain and keep forever. i am happy. even when i'm sick.

1 comment:

Alana Moore said...

Oh no! I wanted you to take me to sprinkles :(

I hope you all feel better!