Wednesday, March 3, 2010

oh. it is love.

sweet husband left this afternoon to surf. my phone rang not long after he left. it was sweet husband telling me that the waves weren't that great, so he would be returning home to me. that news was joyful to my heart. he walked in the door and i was excited to see him. that's how it should be. i saw that he had a brown paper bag in his hand and he told me to close my eyes. i did. he told me to open my mouth...and i did. that, my friends...is trust. i could smell it before i could taste it. i knew exactly what it was and i was overwhelmed with happiness. it was so thoughtful of him to bring me a treat. and let me tell you, VG's donuts are a treat. chocolate iced, glazed goodness. oh wow. the best part was his story to go along with it. he walked into VG's and waited in line behind some kids and another lady. there were five of my favorites left and he wanted to buy all five. not just for me, don't get me wrong, i can pound donuts like a champ, but five is a bit much...we would share, and possibly even have a couple left for breakfast. well by the time the lady in front of him decided to take THREE of the five...he opted for the two that were left and then an old fashioned to make it three just because two wouldn't cut it. the lady in front of him forgot her wallet in her car, so she had to run out and get it. they rang greg up in the meantime, he grabbed the goods, and headed back to the car. he looked inside the bag and low and behold THREE of my favorites. he took the wrong bag. what did he do? he drove straight home to bring them to me and he said he didn't even feel bad. he was happy with his mistake and didn't want to correct it. what a gem. i don't think that poor lady will mind her old fashioned surprise too much. i think i enjoyed that chocolate donut more than she ever could have. it was meant to be.

3 comments:

Jess said...

This is the most hilarious! And most precious story I have ever heard! What a keeper! You got a great steal there!

Kristi Drennan said...

Bless his guiltless heart! ;)

sammy said...

awww too cute.
good work gregory, i like your style.